Thursday, October 27, 2011

Unbelievable Love

“Your love, O Lord, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies.  Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains, your justice like the great deep. O Lord, you preserve both man and beast. How priceless is your unfailing love! Both high and low among men find refuge in the shadow of your wings. They feast on the abundance of your house; you give them drink from your river of delights.  For with you is the fountain of life; in your light we see light.” (Ps 36:5-9 NIV).




What a glorious way to start the day! The song writer penned (on a dungeon wall I might add), “The love of God is greater far then tongue or pen can ever tell, it goes beyond the highest star and reaches to the lowest hell . . . Could we with ink the oceans fill and were the skies of parchment made, were every stalk on earth a quill and every man a scribe by trade, to write the love of God above would drain the oceans dry, nor could the scroll contain the whole though stretched from sky to sky.”



Paul wrote, “And I pray that Christ will be more and more at home in your hearts, living within you as you trust in him. May your roots go down deep into the soil of God’s marvelous love; and may you be able to feel and understand, as all God’s children should, how long, how wide, how deep, and how high his love really is; and to experience this love for yourselves, though it is so great that you will never see the end of it or fully know or understand it. And so at last you will be filled up with God himself.” (Ephesians 3:17-19 TLB emphasis mine).



May you feel that love today. That incomprehensible, indescribable love. That love that caused the Father to send the Son to a world He knew did not want Him, to a world He knew would abuse Him to a world He knew would kill Him. It is that love that caused the self-sufficient God (which means He needs absolutely nothing from anyone or anything) to utter the first fiat of creation already having determined what it was going to cost Him! Amazing love!



Do you know that love? Have you personally responded to it? Have you invited Jesus into your own heart as Savior and Lord? If not, I pray that you will do that today. Here is a simple prayer you may pray: “Dear Lord Jesus, I need you. I know that I am a sinner and need forgiveness of my sin. I believe that you died on the cross and rose from the dead to pay the penalty for my sin and purchase a place for me in heaven which you offer as a free gift. I don’t understand it all, but I accept that gift by faith right now. Come into my heart. Help me from this moment on to live under your holy control. Thank you for hearing my prayer. In Jesus Name, Amen.”



May the Lord richly bless you as you live for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment