Monday, July 6, 2009

Start Your Day Right

How does your day start? Is it like mine– hectic? I am not a morning person. Never was. In fact, I am convinced that mornings are a result of the fall! In creation we always find Adam walking with God in the cool of the evening (Genesis 3:8 NLT). The fall messed everything up!

Of course I am saying some of this tongue in cheek, but at the same time with some seriousness. I am not a good morning person. So what I am about to say does not come to me naturally but comes only as a result of personal discipline. The Psalmist wrote: “Each morning you listen to my prayer, as I bring my requests to you and wait for your reply.” (Psalm 5:3 CEV). The Message puts this verse, “Every morning you’ll hear me at it again. Every morning I lay out the pieces of my life on your altar and watch for fire to descend.”

There is no better way to start your day! My experience is that when my laziness gets the best of me in the mornings and I finally jump out of bed and hit the floor running at 100 mph I spend my whole day running at that speed and falling further and further behind in the race. But, when I take time to “lay out the pieces of my life on your altar,” no matter how far behind I think I am that day, it all works out and I take the “checkered flag.”

Try something the rest of this week. Begin each day laying out the pieces of your life to the Heavenly Father. Put your appointments, your activities, your concerns on the altar and stand back at watch what happens. I think you’ll be excited at the difference it makes.

No comments:

Post a Comment