Monday, July 20, 2009

Truth You Can Trust

“The promises of the Lord can be trusted; they are as genuine as silver refined seven times in the furnace.” (Psalm 12:6 TEV).

I had to chuckle at a recent news article where the candidate for a high political office was trying to "set the record straight" on a particular issue. He said (and I quote verbatim), “It is true I voted for it, but that was before I voted against it.” Television, newspapers, radio, magazines all have their own spin on the issues. It always amazes me how in this generation we make the bad guys look good and the good guys look bad.

In an age of skepticism brought on by the persistent fall of “heros,” it is hard to know what or whom to believe. In situations like these, I am so glad that God’s promises are 100% trustworthy–Guaranteed by Him and protected and delivered by His own power.

No comments:

Post a Comment